Work Area: Software-Quality Assurance
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. Team Purpose & Objectives We have set ourselves the challenging task of further developing the groundbreaking SAP in-memory computing technology over the next years. The latest technologies in the areas of main-memory, multi-core processing, and data management now allow effective in-memory computing, which analyzes business data in real time and combines transactional and analytic functions to significantly improve the performance of existing business processes. As the basis of the SAP in-memory technology, the SAP HANA database is already widely recognized asan exceptionally valuable element of the SAP software portfolio and will be of crucial importance for theSAP market of the future. The SAP HANA database development team is developing a software engine that runs high-performance parallel in-memory processing on huge quantities of data to deliver extremely fast real-time responses to analytical queries. To strengthen SAP HANA with more features being added with highest quality, we are looking for QualityEngineers which help us in all quality aspects of the product. The Opportunity/Job description As a Quality Specialist in the SAP HANA Core team you will work in a cross-function team with colleagues from different areas and locations and with special focus to quality assurance and test related tasks within the SAP HANA product delivery process. Responsibilities:
- Able to define quality and test strategies for products respecting defined process and product standards
- Able to analyze, define, implement and execute quality and test related activities according to the quality and test strategy
- Able to analyze test results and take appropriate follow-up actions
- Able to coach teams (Senior) in terms of quality assurance and test related processes, methods and tools.
- Initiates process or tool improvements.
- Contribute to the full development cycle
- Work with a high degree of freedom and responsibility in respect to the design
Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree in computer science, engineering or related area
- Years of experience in Quality Assurance (QA) and Control (QC) in software delivery process.
- Experience in source control system and code review process tool (such as Git, Gerit,..)
- Background in Bug tracking tool (Bugzilla, Jira,..) and system management tool like Jenskin, Messo .etc…
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills
- A tester’s eye
- Basic experience in database and programming languages: Python, SQL
- Eagerness to have a very good customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well in close teamwork in an distributed team over several international locations
- Good in English both spoken and written are required (working in cross-team environment).
A plus will be skills in
- Good knowledge of DB architectures
- Distributed file systems
- Distribution strategies for data
- Experience dealing with customers and handling customer issues
- SAP HANA We are looking for candidates who are committed to a technology career path. Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter and tabular CV, copies of the obtained degrees and references (if available).
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.Additional Locations: No Selection